Gotu kola is used to treat bacterial, viral, or parasitic infections such as urinary tract infection (UTI), shingles, leprosy, cholera, dysentery, syphilis, the common cold, the flu, H1N1 (swine) flu, elephantiasis, tuberculosis, and schistosomiasis.
Gotu kola is also used for fatigue, anxiety, depression, Alzheimer's disease, and improving memory and intelligence. Other uses include circulation problems (venous insufficiency) including varicose veins, to stabilize plaques in blood vessels, to prevent blood clots in the legs, and to prevent the damage of small blood vessels in people with diabetes (diabetic microangiopathy).
Some people use gotu kola for wound healing, trauma, sunstroke, tonsillitis, fluid around the lungs (pleurisy), liver disease (hepatitis), jaundice, systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), stomach pain, diarrhea, indigestion, stomach ulcers, swelling in the lining of the stomach (gastritis), epilepsy, asthma, "tired blood" (anemia), and for helping them live longer.
Gotu kola is sometimes applied to the skin for psoriasis, wound healing and reducing scars, including stretch marks caused by pregnancy.
- Cognitive enhancer/Nootropic
- Supports cardiovascular & respiratory health
- Improves circulation
- Promotes wound healing
- Boosts immunity
- Improves digestion
- Good for the skin and hair
- Increases libido
- Reduces cancer risk
- are pregnant
- are breastfeeding
- have hepatitis or other liver disease
- have a scheduled surgery within the next two weeks
- are under 18 years of age
- have a history of skin cancer
Talk to your doctor before use if you:
- have liver disease
- have diabetes
- have high cholesterol
- are taking medications such as sedatives for sleep or anxiety
- are taking diuretics
This Herbal Tea comes with 15pcs Tea Bags, free of charge.
You can opt to use a tea strainer or tea pot if you have one, but since the herbal teas are in tea cut sizes, we recommend using the tea bags that this comes with.
How to make a perfect cup of HOT Nature's Apothecary Herbal Tea:
- Start with fresh, cold water. (The better the water quality, the better the tea will taste.)
- Place a tea bag in your favorite cup or mug.
- Bring water to a rolling boil and immediately pour over your tea bag.
- Steep for a good 3 to 5 minutes (recommended time for Herbal Tea. Great taste can't be rushed—it really does take the full time to release the tea's entire flavor.)
- Remove the tea bag, relax and enjoy! (Serve it “clear” or try it with milk, honey and/or sugar.)
How to make a Single Serve Iced Tea (for a Single Glass)
- Bring one cup of fresh water to a rolling boil.
- Add 1 or 2 tea bags and steep 3 to 5 minutes. The longer you steep, the stronger the flavor. Stir before removing tea bag(s).
- Add your favorite sweetener, if desired
- Let cool.
- Pour brewed tea into a large glass filled with ice. Enjoy!