Our Nature's Apothecary Matcha Green Tea Powder - Sweetened with Sugar is the perfect solution for Matcha green tea lovers who aren’t able to brew their own matcha latte when on the go or in the office. No need for a Bamboo Matcha Tea Whisk!
The organic premix contains a high Matcha content and requires the addition of milk and water. The green and creamy drink can thus be prepared in no time and you can enjoy it straight away, hot or cold.
Matcha Green Tea is considered an anti-oxidant powerhouse. It is made from an entire leaf, so it packs in a more concentrated amount of antioxidants and beneficial plant compounds. Antioxidants are the body’s defense agents. They are chemical compounds that prevent aging and chronic diseases. Put simply, the more you have, the better equipped your body is in the fight against infections and disease.
Matcha is rapidly becoming a favorite alternative to blended coffee drinks. Its gentle caffeine content gives you an energy boost, while the full-bodied green tea flavor is popular with tea drinkers all over the world.
- Is packed with antioxidants including the powerful EGCG (believed to have cancer-fighting effects on the body)
- Boosts metabolism and burns calories
- Detoxifies effectively and naturally
- Calms the mind and relaxes the body
- Is rich in fiber, chlorophyll and vitamins
- Enhances mood and aids in concentration
- Provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
- Prevents diseases
- Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
Due to the caffeine content, green tea may trigger certain side effects (such as headache, insomnia, irritability, diarrhea, and heartburn) when consumed in excess.
Matcha Green Tea Latte (Hot or Iced)
1 tsp Nature's Apothecary Matcha Green Tea Powder - Sweet
3 tbsp warm water
250ml cold milk or 300ml hot milk
Add sugar to taste
How To Prepare
1. Spoon the Nature's Apothecary Matcha Green Tea Powder - Sweet and the sugar into a mug or cup.
2. Add the warm water and mix with a spoon or with a whisk until it is a smooth dark green paste to ensure no lumps form.
3. Warm the milk in a small saucepan and pour into the mug until nearly full. Use cold milk for an iced latte.
4. Use a whisk to mix the paste and milk together until smooth and light green in colour.
5. If you so wish, you can add a few sprinkles of matcha green tea powder on the top for decoration. Or add ice for an extra cold iced latte.
Vegan Dalgona Matcha Latte
1/4 cup aquafaba (aka liquid from a can of chickpeas)
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
2–3 tablespoons powdered sugar
2 teaspoons Nature's Apothecary Matcha Green Tea Powder
Vanilla oat milk, for serving (or plant-based milk of your choice; we prefer a sweetened one for this recipe)
Place the aquafaba in a large mixing bowl along with the cream of tartar. Whip on high until the aquafaba becomes fluffy and thick, which will take about 5-8 minutes.
Once thick, sift in 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar and whip it in. Then continue adding the remaining powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until incorporated. Lastly, sift in the matcha powder and continue to whip until it is mixed through.
Fill two glasses with ice and your desired amount of oat milk (we recommend at least 1/2 cup per glass) and then top each with 1/2 of the matcha mixture.
Mix and enjoy!