Have you ever experienced difficulty urinating or felt excruciating pain in your kidneys because of stones?
The medicinal plant “sambong” could be a remedy for that.
Sambong, also known as “Blumea balsamifera,” or “Blumea camphor,” is an aromatic shrub that grows from one to four meters in height. It is a shrub that grows wild in the tropical climate countries such as Philippines, as well as India, Africa and even in eastern Himalayas.
Although considered a weed in some places, it is prized in the Philippines for its medicinal properties. Among these is its diuretic property, which help release water from the body. It can also help pass urinary stones through the urine.
The Philippine Council for Health Research and Development has even developed the technology for sambong herbal medicine tablets particularly for anti-urolithiatic purposes which have been available in the market for such indication. Consumption of Sambong tea or leaf infusion can also help dissolve kidney stones and prevent urolith formation.
- Reduces cancer risk
- Sambong even when taken internally is generally considered safe.
- Special Precautions & Warnings: Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Not enough is known about the use of sambong during pregnancy and breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.
- Sambong can cause allergic reaction for people sensitive to ragweed plants and its relatives. Side effects may include itching and skin irritation.
This Herbal Tea comes with 15pcs Tea Bags, free of charge.
You can opt to use a tea strainer or tea pot if you have one, but since the herbal teas are in tea cut sizes, we recommend using the tea bags that this comes with.
How to make a perfect cup of HOT Nature's Apothecary Herbal Tea:
- Start with fresh, cold water. (The better the water quality, the better the tea will taste.)
- Place a tea bag in your favorite cup or mug.
- Bring water to a rolling boil and immediately pour over your tea bag.
- Steep for a good 3 to 5 minutes (recommended time for Herbal Tea. Great taste can't be rushed—it really does take the full time to release the tea's entire flavor.)
- Remove the tea bag, relax and enjoy! (Serve it “clear” or try it with milk, honey and/or sugar.)
How to make a Single Serve Iced Tea (for a Single Glass)
- Bring one cup of fresh water to a rolling boil.
- Add 1 or 2 tea bags and steep 3 to 5 minutes. The longer you steep, the stronger the flavor. Stir before removing tea bag(s).
- Add your favorite sweetener, if desired
- Let cool.
- Pour brewed tea into a large glass filled with ice. Enjoy!